Home American Libraries | Canadian Libraries | Universal Library | Community Texts | Project Gutenberg | Biodiversity Heritage Library | Children's Library | Additional Collections

(4.6 M)PDF (Google.com)
(45.9 K)Metadata

All Files: HTTPS

Evelyn's Sculptura, with the unpublished second part (1906)

fullscreen
Author: Evelyn, John, 1620-1706; Bell, Charles Francis, 1871-1966, ed; Bosse, Abraham, 1602-1676. Traicté des manières de graver en taille douce sur l'airin
Subject: Engraving; Mezzotint engraving; Engraving
Publisher: [Oxford] Clarendon press
Year: 1906
Pages: 275
Digitizing sponsor: Google
Book from the collections of: Harvard University
Collection: americana
Notes: With photographic reproduction of original title: Sculptura; or The history, and art of chalcography and engraving in copper ... To which is annexed a new manner of engraving, or mezzo tinto, communicated by His Highness Prince Rupert to the authour of this treatise ... London, Printed by I. C. for G. Beedle, and T. Collins ... 1662.

Book digitized by Google from the library of Harvard University and uploaded to the Internet Archive by user tpb.

With photographic reproduction of original title: Sculptura; or The history, and art of chalcography and engraving in copper ... To which is annexed a new manner of engraving, or mezzo tinto, communicated by His Highness Prince Rupert to the authour of this treatise ... London, Printed by I. C. for G. Beedle, and T. Collins ... 1662

"[Part I] is, in the main, a reprint of the first [edition, 1662] with some corrections and additions ... which were incorporated in the second [1755]"--p. xx

Part II consists of the author's translation of the appendix to Abraham Bosse's "Traicté des manières de graver en taille douce sur l'airin," and is printed from the manuscript in the library of the Royal society

Introduction to pt. II signed: A. H. Church

Identifier: evelynssculptur00rupegoog
Scanner: google
Source: http://books.google.com/books?id=QkAEAAAAYAAJ&oe=UTF-8
Oclc-id: 03521477